Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Matthew Pocock <ma...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/10/24 16:20:11 UTC

deploy.wsdd

Hi,

I've been looking at the innards of the ant axis tasks, and the emitters
for java, wsdd and wsdl files. My version of the java2wsdl ant task now
takes a typeMappingSet element containing a list of typeMapping
elements. These are used to populate the TypeMappingImpl object the
.fromJava.Emiter uses. This all works fine.

So - encouraged by this, I modified the ant axis task for wsdl2java so
that it also takes type mapping information. The ant part works as
advertised, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere in .toJava.Emitter
to put the type mapping information.  The JavaDeployWriter class (that
makes deploy.wsdd I presume) uses info from a SymbolTable to work out
what to write, but it is being fairly naive about the serialization
method - it just uses some hard-wired serializer types. It's certainly
not looking any of it up in a TypeMapping object.

Am I missing something glaring? I'm happy to add stuff - your code is
nice to read, but don't want to spend a couple of days adding
functionality that already exists in the wrong place.

Matthew