Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephen Fry <St...@coda.com> on 2001/09/14 12:30:09 UTC

FOP on IBM AS400

Hi

We are attempting to port our application which uses fop 0.20.1 to the
AS400. We seems to have some issues with FOP's use of AWT classes. Has
anyone any experience of this environment ? Is it possible to configure FOP
not to use AWT or is it fundemental ?

We have bmp files as external-graphic's, and we are rendering to PDF,PS and
PCL.

Stephen Fry
CODA Plc

Re: FOP on IBM AS400

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
> Stephen Fry wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> We are attempting to port our application which uses fop 0.20.1 to the AS400.
> We seems to have some issues with FOP's use of AWT classes. Has anyone any
> experience of this environment ? Is it possible to configure FOP not to use
> AWT or is it fundemental ?
>
> We have bmp files as external-graphic's, and we are rendering to PDF,PS and
> PCL.

I've successfully run FOP on a AS/400 with PDF, PS and PCL output but without
images. I *think* BMP images should work as they don't need AWT.

> Stephen Fry
> CODA Plc

Christian

Re: FOP on IBM AS400

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:30:09 Stephen Fry wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are attempting to port our application which uses fop 0.20.1 to the
> AS400. We seems to have some issues with FOP's use of AWT classes. Has
> anyone any experience of this environment ? Is it possible to configure
> FOP
> not to use AWT or is it fundemental ?
>
> We have bmp files as external-graphic's, and we are rendering to PDF,PS
> and
> PCL.

The AWT classes are used by batik and currently batik is tied into fop. If
someone implements the user agent properly then it will be possible to
separate the use of batik and handle problems better.
I don't know what your problem with the AWT classes is but if it is due to
the display then the real problem is with java, this is fixed in version
jdk1.4.

RE: FOP on IBM AS400

Posted by Alistair Hopkins <al...@berthengron.co.uk>.
FOP on IBM AS400Maybe irrelevant, but I had a problem when installing an app
using FOP onto a linux box with no X on it, and traced the problem to the
fact that the standard adobe fonts were not installed.

I mended it be adding the rpm package urw-fonts-2.0-8, but it may also be
possible to fool it by installing all the fonts you use as extra fonts - see
the documentation.

Alistair