Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by shiva prasad <si...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/25 17:04:45 UTC

How can i get Real Spam patterns to test Spamasssin signatures?

Hi all,
          I use a propriety router that in turn uses Spamassisn for
detection of SPAM mails.
    I only have the option of testing with "GTUBE" Spam pattern.

   Can any one suggest me if i can get host of Real spam patterns so that  i
can test the detection capability(efficiency) of
Spamasssin in turn my router?

Thanks
sivabadana

Re: How can i get Real Spam patterns to test Spamasssin signatures?

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 4/25/2011 11:46 AM, shiva prasad wrote:
> My router is still in test environment that is yet to be deployed.
>
> My exact requirement is i need  host of spam patterns like GTUBE prior
> to exposing my
> router in production environment

The best way to get spam samples in this case is to capture them from
your production environment.  That way you get samples of the type of
spam that comes to your server and they will also have the headers from
your servers so you can test your trusted_networks and internal_networks
settings as well.

--
Bowie

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Re: How can i get Real Spam patterns to test Spamasssin signatures?

Posted by shiva prasad <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.