Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 20:34:45 UTC

Keeping users mailing list with Google groups

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about keeping the users list with Google groups and mirror
the messages to user@spark.i.a.o.

This way users can communicate via Google groups forum style rather than
Apache mailing list,

Most developers contributing to Spark have to use Apache way to communicate
but as for users, we could always let them communicate via Google groups
but mirror the emails (or subscribe user@spark.i.a.o as member of Spark
users Google group).

Thoughts?

- Henry

Re: Keeping users mailing list with Google groups

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Matei

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roman,

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Roman, see my reply else-thread :)

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Guys, FYI, I'm going to try adding user@spark.i.a.o as a member of the Google group, but before that I'll do it temporarily for the dev group for testing. (I agree that we should move the dev group permanently to Apache). Cross your fingers.

Matei

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.