Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <or...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/10 13:42:17 UTC

Problem Enabling back a destroyed VR

Hi;
I have an environment which is using KVM over ACS 4.9.2 environment, i am
using advanced networking with security groups. Today i have destroyed my
VR's on my system and after that i noticed that VR does not populate dhcp,
password and other informations again, back from management server.

I checked the logs and it looks everything is fine. VR's status is in green
running state but i could not start any vm.

To investigate the problem i checked /etc/cloudstack directory and noticed
that there is no dhcp, vmdata json files. The directories status is below

root@r-474-VM:/var/cache/cloud# ls -l /etc/cloudstack
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  882 Mar 10 13:16 cmdline.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1027 Mar 10 13:16 ips.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  282 Mar 10 12:48 monitorservice.json
root@r-474-VM:/var/cache/cloud#

I checked the KVM agent.log files and it says it executed
successfully vr_cfg.sh command like below:

2017-03-10 16:30:59,342 DEBUG [kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource]
(agentRequest-Handler-1:null) Executing:
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/network/domr/router_proxy.sh vr_cfg.sh
169.254.0.200 -c
/var/cache/cloud/VR-f3c8e852-6a8f-430d-8111-49f15a8aff12.cfg
2017-03-10 16:30:59,606 DEBUG [kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource]
(agentRequest-Handler-1:null) Execution is successfu

I connected to the vr and checked the /var/cache/cloud directory and i
noticed that there is no VR-f3c8e852-6a8f-430d-8111-49f15a8aff12.cfg file.

I know that management server copies vm's dhcp+vmdata+password details to
VR with this file. It looks like maybe there is a problem copying this
file, i mean somehow VR could not get its configuration files from
Management Server.

I have destroyed other VR's and restarted networks with or without cleanup
options but nothing changed same problem on all VR.

Thanks for all help.

Regards
Özhan

RE: Problem Enabling back a destroyed VR

Posted by Jeromy Grimmett <je...@cloudbrix.com>.
Glad you were able to resolve it.  Have a great weekend as well!

Jeromy Grimmett
P: 603.766.3625
jeromy@cloudbrix.com
www.cloudbrix.com