Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/27 09:51:29 UTC

xml escape problems

How to deal with xml escape problems in field type text in form.
I try to create some employees ,but happened type in something wrong ,and I
could not summit my form.
then it show me some tips ,and all my information  showed as something like
'&#24352;&#19977;'
who can help me ?

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.
It showed as &#24352;

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You are in a widget form, right? Did you try encode-output="false" for your fields?

Jacques

From: "zhiyongcui" <zh...@gmail.com>

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by zhiyongcui <zh...@gmail.com>.
anyone could help me ?

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
A second thought is that you are using character set not evaluated by
ofbiz so it is giving you the escaped version.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Suppilier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

zhiyongcui sent the following on 2/28/2010 11:57 PM:

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
seem like its not a problem associated with a particular language,

if there occurs an error while submitting form the form reappears but
with HTML-Encoded text instead of the original,

here's the screenshot http://i45.tinypic.com/ngykhi.png

someone please fix this...

Re: xml escape problems

Re: xml escape problems

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
while writing xml you have to use html-encoding,

for example: if you want to use '&' in some field then in xml you have
to write it as '&amp;'

<... col_name="fast&amp;furious" .../>

this link might prove to be helpful:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encodings_in_HTML