Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/15 13:14:27 UTC

New Tika mailing lists, moderators wanted

Hi,

I'm about to request the following new mailing lists for Tika:

    tika-user@lucene.apache.org
    tika-dev@lucene.apache.org
    tika-commits@lucene.apache.org

Any volunteers to join me in moderating these lists (mostly to screen
messages from unsubscribed addresses)? It would be nice to have two or
three people as moderators to avoid any single points of failure.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: New Tika mailing lists, moderators wanted

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1796 for the mailing
> list migration request.

The mailing lists have now been moved. There are redirects from the
old addresses, but please switch to using the @lucene.apache.org
addresses when posting to avoid any problems.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm about to request the following new mailing lists for Tika:
>
>    tika-user@lucene.apache.org
>    tika-dev@lucene.apache.org
>    tika-commits@lucene.apache.org
>
> Any volunteers to join me in moderating these lists (mostly to screen
> messages from unsubscribed addresses)?

Thanks, Grant and Chris!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Jukka,

Please add me too. I would like to help.

Cheers,
Chris

On 11/15/08 4:25 AM, "Grant Ingersoll" <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> You can put me down as a moderator, if you want.
>
> On Nov 15, 2008, at 7:14 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm about to request the following new mailing lists for Tika:
>>
>>    tika-user@lucene.apache.org
>>    tika-dev@lucene.apache.org
>>    tika-commits@lucene.apache.org
>>
>> Any volunteers to join me in moderating these lists (mostly to screen
>> messages from unsubscribed addresses)? It would be nice to have two or
>> three people as moderators to avoid any single points of failure.
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Phone: +1 (818) 354-8810
Cognizant Development Engineer | Architecture/Implementation Lead
EDRN Informatics Center        | Virtual Oceanographic Data Center
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory       Pasadena, CA, USA
Office: 171-266B                     Mailstop:  171-246

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Koren <jo...@soe.ucsc.edu>.
Of course foo-user and foo-dev are the standard names for such
listservs.

--
Jonathan Koren
jonathan@soe.ucsc.edu