Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (CASD, IT)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/04/14 19:19:07 UTC

Convert request parameters to request attributes

I have seen several people set up their forms to expect an action attribute
in the request.  This allows them to customize their form (for new entry or
edit mode) using the logic tag.

This technique works fine until a validation error is thrown.  When this
happens, the request attribute no longer exists and your form no longer
displays correctly.

I though that I would get around this by putting a hidden field named
"action" in the form.  When the form is redisplayed, the logic tag looks for
an attribute named "action", but not a parameter named "action".

Is there a clean way to conditionally change the request parameter "action"
into a request attribute(if it is not null)?

Is there a better way of doing this?  I can't use session because I have
multiple popups.

Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.