Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Dave Causey <dc...@thebeam.net> on 2000/03/12 08:07:35 UTC

Build problem on Linux

All,

> Version number of Xerces-C (1.1.0?)
1.1.0

> Which OS platform/version you are using (NT4+SP4? Win98? Redhat Linux 6.0?
Solaris2.6? AIX 4.3? HP-UX10? HP-UX11?)
Linux Mandrake 7.0

> Which compiler/version you are using (MSVC6? gcc? cc? aCC?)
gcc

> Sample XML file that causes the bug
N/A

> Sample Schema file (if required to recreate the bug)
N/A

> Sample DTD file (if required to recreate the bug)
N/A

I can get the Xerces library to build on Linux (Mandrake 7), but not until I
groped around in the code and found the following in
src/util/Transcoders/Iconv/IconvTransService.cpp:

> #if defined (XML_GNUG)
> #include <wctype.h>
> #endif

I can't find any mention of the XML_GNUG define anywhere else in the
distribution, so I don't know how it is intended to be used.  If I define it, I
get a good build.

Thanks.

-Dave

Re: Build problem on Linux

Posted by Anupam Bagchi <ab...@hyperreal.org>.
The segment

#if defined (XML_GNUG)
#include <wctype.h>
#endif

... is some legacy code that must now be:

#if defined (XML_GCC)
#include <wctype.h>
#endif

The above change has been done in the source code. Thanks for pointing it
out.

- Anupam
Anupam Bagchi
Advisory Software Engineer