Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2005/04/26 07:15:08 UTC

More on PerMsgStatus.pm problem

I tend to get spamd errors on some messages that may be related to the
spam markup. The messages get as far as this bug report and processing
terminates with no spam markup at all.
===8<---
 error: Insecure dependency in eval while running setuid at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 2091._
No such file or directory, continuing
===8<---

Alas, there is no indication of WHAT file or directory is needed here.
Sometimes the bug repeats with "spamc <offending_spam" and sometimes
it does not. About 1 in 40 to 1 in 50 spams triggers this. And it is
getting most annoying.

This started when I installed Theo's patch for the user scores and set
three spamds running and --max-conn-per-child=15. The number of
messages before a failure is "interesting", And the first time this
happened I did get a cluster of three failures. This may be related
to spawning a new spamd to make up for an expired one.

{^_^}

Re: More on PerMsgStatus.pm problem

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
jdow wrote:

>I tend to get spamd errors on some messages that may be related to the
>spam markup. The messages get as far as this bug report and processing
>terminates with no spam markup at all.
>===8<---
> error: Insecure dependency in eval while running setuid at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 2091._
>No such file or directory, continuing
>===8<---

I'd be looking closely at all your "full" type rules. The offending line
is the execution of a regex for a "full" rule.

Clearly a normal rule should not be referencing any files, so it's
probably a typo in a rule which causes a regex to attempt to access a file.