Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2010/03/13 11:58:53 UTC

VYSPER-82 and namespaces in general

Hi Niklas,

can you comment on this issue? Did you happen to deal with that already?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VYSPER-82

In addition, I can see stanzas containing
  xmlns=""
Is that correct or should empty xmlns be subpressed?

  Bernd

Re: VYSPER-82 and namespaces in general

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Bernd Fondermann
<be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> can you comment on this issue? Did you happen to deal with that already?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VYSPER-82

Yes, this is solved in the new XML parser. However, I'm waiting until
after the first release to integrate it as it will require a period of
testing before we work out the kinks.

> In addition, I can see stanzas containing
>  xmlns=""
> Is that correct or should empty xmlns be subpressed?

If there is really element in the empty namespace, they would be
correct. But since I don't think there are any in XMPP, it's more
likely due to us not creating Stanzas or XMLElements with the correct
namespace. This is the major kink :-)

/niklas