Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi) ** CTR **" <ra...@avaya.com> on 2004/04/26 10:09:19 UTC

Configure Maven to work with local network drive and different jar names

Hi!
In my company the jars of the various projects are in a network drive so that everybody can access them.
Each project has its own project directory, and under this directory there is a directory for each version (in the version directory there are all the files that relates to this versions).

For example, let's say that I have projects A and B (B uses A).
A has jar called aaa.jar.
A located at K:/Projects/A/
B located at K:/Projects/B/

Can you tell me how to configure Maven to build project B?

Some more questions:
1. I understood that I have to specify a specific jar name (that doesn't have the expected format) in all the projects that use A, right? (Why not put this information inside project.xml that relates to project A?)
2. Is there a way to use different file name than maven.xml?
3. Is there a way to 'overide' an existing goal (I know there are ways to do things before and after using the pre and post goal)

Thanks!
Zvi