Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thomas Robbs <th...@amdocs.com> on 2002/04/18 21:50:30 UTC

Javadoc Task and Filesets...

Hello:

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if this question has been answered already.  I did search through the mailling list archives and couldn't find the answer to my question.

I am working to configure the Javadoc task to run twice.  My goal is to generate a set of browsable javadocs for both external and internal use.  For an internal set of Javadocs, I simply generate javadocs for everthing.  No problem.

For the external set, I want to generate javadocs for only a subset of the classes in my source tree.  Can someone guide me as to how I would configure the javadoc task to only work with a subset of files?  Here is what I am trying to do as of right now and it's not working (i.e. it's returning javadoc's usage message when I run it):

        <!-- Generate public JavaDocs.
             Public JavaDocs includes a subset of the all docs. -->
        <path id="javadocs.public.src">
            <fileset dir="src/">
                <!-- org.foo.ourproduct.util package inclusions -->
                <include name="src/org/foo/ourproduct/util/**/*.java" />

                <!-- org.foo.logger package inclusions -->
                <include name="src/org/foo/logger/*.java" />
            </fileset>
        </path>
        <property name="public.javadocs" refid="javadocs.public.src"/>

        <javadoc packagenames="org.foo.*"
                 sourcepath="src/"
                 sourcefiles="${public.javadocs}"
                 destdir="${dist.javadocs.public}"
                 classpath="myclasspath"
                 author="true"
                 version="true"
                 windowtitle="My API"
                 doctitle="Foo"
                 bottom="Copyright &#169; 2002 org.foo. All Rights Reserved.">
        </javadoc>

Please, be gentle.  I'm just ramping up on Ant and, unfortunately, it's under a time crunch.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Cheers,

Thomas Robbs

Re: Javadoc Task and Filesets...

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Thomas Robbs <th...@amdocs.com> wrote:
> For the external set, I want to generate javadocs for only a subset of
> the classes in my source tree.  Can someone guide me as to how I would
> configure the javadoc task to only work with a subset of files?

The 'sourcefiles' attribute takes a comma-separated list of files. You
look to be handing it a path (ie., a list of files separted by
${path.separator}). You need to pass it through <pathconvert> to change it
to a comma-separated list.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)