Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl> on 2004/07/01 11:52:29 UTC

CIncludeTransformer issues

I want to build a cform out of several reusable parts. Consider a
contractor, user, company having an address. So i created a file that
contains only address widgets
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <fd:widgets xmlns:fd="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition" xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
> <fd:field id="street">
>  <fd:label>Ulica</fd:label>
>  <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
> <fd:field id="building">
>  <fd:label>Numer budynku</fd:label>
>  <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
> <fd:field id="apartment">
>  <fd:label>Numer lokalu</fd:label>
>  <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
>  <fd:field id="postalCode">
>  <fd:label>Kod pocztowy</fd:label>
> <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
>  <fd:field id="city">
>  <fd:label>Miejscowosc</fd:label>
> <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
> </fd:widgets>

1. Is there some syntax that allows to do that in cinclude:
<xi:include
href="editAddress-def.xml#xmlns(fd=http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition)
xpointer(/fd:widgets/fd:*)"/>

I cannot seem to find a way to do a succesful xpath query that involves
namespaces (when using cinclude).

2. If not would you accept the path that allows to do strip-root in
CIncludeTransformer - it would also be much faster than select="/root/*"

I've been browsing archives for this. There was an answer that I should
use map:aggregate -> map:part strip-root=true" but that is very
inconvenient in my case.

WDYT?
	lg

Re: CIncludeTransformer issues

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> Could you please add it to bugzilla?
>>>

>> Could you please apply the patch ?
>

> Done :-)
>
> Thanks
Looks fine. Thank you :)

Re: CIncludeTransformer issues

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

--
Torsten

Re: CIncludeTransformer issues

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>> 2. If not would you accept the path that allows to do strip-root in
>>> CIncludeTransformer - it would also be much faster than select="/root/*"
>>

>> The PATCH not the path
>

> big +1
>
> ...see the archives:
>
> I wanted to add this feature but
> worked around due to time constraints.
>
> Having a strip-root parameter on the
> CInclude transformer makes sense IMO.
I will try to implement that today but this will need revising as there is
some kind of magic in the code (paralell fetching or sth)

Re: CIncludeTransformer issues

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.