Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/09/07 01:33:06 UTC

[collections] Improving decorators test coverage

I am working on decorators tests.  Any comments/gentle redirection on
the following short term plan would be much appreciated:

1. Add SortedMap-specific tests to TestSortedMap

2. fill out the tests in the decorators test subpackage, adding
TestLazyList, TestPredicatedBag, etc.following the pattern of the
existing tests in this subpackage.

3. Move TestPredicatedCollection from the top level to the decorators
subpackage and remove functional testing of PredicatedCollection in
TestCollectionUtils, adding tests to cover predicatedCollection() directly.

4. TestBagUtils

Regarding 2., it looks to me like by default the tests in the decorators
package are not getting executed as part of either the maven or ant
builds. Am I missing something? I am still grokking the collections test
framework, so it is quite possible that I am missing something here. Do
I need to get these executed by reference somehow, or is the standard
practice to point ant/maven at the TestAll in the subpackage explicitly?

Phil