Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/04/01 20:15:37 UTC

Re: top-down with existing classes

On Tue March 31 2009 4:25:18 pm Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Next dumb question... is it possible to do top-down development with
> existing classes?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.   :-)

> I have some classes which are shared between client and server. Is it
> possible to tell wsdl2java to use/augement the existing classes?

There are some jaxb customizations that can be used with the binding file to
say "don't generate this class, use this one instead".   It's not easy to do,
however, as you need an xpath and such for every type type want to do that to.
I don't think there is anything for the service object though, just the data
types.

Another option for the service stuff is something like the JAX-WS STP stuff
for Eclipse that is in the incubator.  I believe it has wizards to help walk
you through adding the JAX-WS annotations onto a service object/interface.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org