Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2019/01/23 14:41:03 UTC

[feature] Checking dependencies for content-packages

Hi,

When including content packages in a feature model there are some
depenencies that would be great to check at build time. Both of these
are defined as manifest headers:

1. dependencies to other content pacakges - Content-Package-
Dependencies
2. dependencies to java packages - Import-Package (with the same syntax
as the OSGi bundle Import-Package header ).

Would these fit into the feature model roadmap?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: [feature] Checking dependencies for content-packages

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 16:24 +0000, David Bosschaert wrote:
> I would suggest create a JIRA for it :)

Did just that :-)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8251

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Sounds very similar to checking dependencies of OSGi bundles.
The feature model analyzers (typically invoked via the
slingfeature-maven-plugin) are already extensible and it would make sense
to me to add one for content package dependencies...

I would suggest create a JIRA for it :)

Best regards,

David

[1]