Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom <to...@autosoftdms.com> on 2007/01/23 23:48:03 UTC

Spamassassin Integrating first step problems

Hi there followed the steps layed out on  the
wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratingSA First Step page followed the
link  http://onetforum.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?p=27

Now when I check my email  the new messages are now in the postfix mail que
When I check the /var/log/maillog I find the error listed below:

Eserver pipe[3691]: fatal: pipe_command: execvp
/usr/local/bin/spamfilter: Permission denied

/usr/local/bin/spamfilter is a script that calls spamc

This

Re: Spamassassin Integrating first step problems

Posted by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net>.
Tom wrote:
> Hi there followed the steps layed out on  the
> wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratingSA First Step page followed
> the link  http://onetforum.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?p=27
>
> Now when I check my email  the new messages are now in the postfix
> mail que
> When I check the /var/log/maillog I find the error listed below:
>
> Eserver pipe[3691]: fatal: pipe_command: execvp
> /usr/local/bin/spamfilter: Permission denied
>
> /usr/local/bin/spamfilter is a script that calls spamc
Well, my first guess would be that you need to change the ownership
and/or permissions on /usr/local/bin/spamfilter to allow the calling
program to run it.