Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/11/08 23:48:24 UTC

License implications of installers

Another piece of the IP review we should not miss.  In addition to all
the code that we put into OpenOffice, there is the code that is used
to build the installs.  In the past we have made available install
images for all supported platforms, including several packing formats
for Linux.

Are there any Apache license compatibility issues we should think about here?

For example. RPM's are build using EPM, which is GPL.  Does any of the
GPL'ed code get bound into the package?  In other words, do we need to
worry about our binary releases?  Ditto for DEB's and the MSI's for
Windows.   (Sorry, I am ignorant of all things Mac).

Maybe we can start by listing the install technologies we use?

-Rob