Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> on 2008/05/13 09:14:31 UTC

T4 tapestry.form.submitAsync delayed?

I've noticed from watching client side and server side logs that when
tapestry.form.submitAsync is called, it seems to go into a form of
stack, and is the request is only eventually made once a previous async
submit has responded.

I'm fairly sure of this because I had a js function setting a timestamp
on a form field and submitting the form async, then logging the value of
the timestamp on the server. The server was getting the same timestamp
over and over again, however the value at the time of calling
tapestry.form.submitAsync was different.

My question is, is there any way of controlling this stack and
cancelling previous yet un-requested submits?

p.

Re: T4 tapestry.form.submitAsync delayed?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/tapestry-framework/src/js/tapestry-4.1.5/core.js

tapestry.bind uses dojo.io.queueBind(parms) which should explain what
you're seeing
so, it seems that you just need to replace queueBind with your custom version

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Paul Stanton
<pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> wrote:
> I've noticed from watching client side and server side logs that when
> tapestry.form.submitAsync is called, it seems to go into a form of stack,
> and is the request is only eventually made once a previous async submit has
> responded.
>
>  I'm fairly sure of this because I had a js function setting a timestamp on
> a form field and submitting the form async, then logging the value of the
> timestamp on the server. The server was getting the same timestamp over and
> over again, however the value at the time of calling
> tapestry.form.submitAsync was different.
>
>  My question is, is there any way of controlling this stack and cancelling
> previous yet un-requested submits?
>
>  p.

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer