Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2017/09/20 11:56:47 UTC

Re: Which Struts Version to implement (with Patch for Equifax)

David:

the recommended hardened version for financial services industry is Struts 2.5.10.1..here is why:

"If you are using Jakarta-based file upload Multipart parser, upgrade to Apache Struts version 2.3.32 or 2.5.10.1," Apache says in a March 6 security alert. "You can also switch to a different implementation of the Multipart parser."

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/apache-struts-2-under-zero-day-attack-update-now-a-9761

[https://130e178e8f8ba617604b-8aedd782b7d22cfe0d1146da69a52436.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/apache-struts-2-under-zero-day-attack-update-now-showcase_image-9-a-9761.jpg]<https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/apache-struts-2-under-zero-day-attack-update-now-a-9761>

Apache Struts 2 Under Zero-Day Attack, Update Now<https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/apache-struts-2-under-zero-day-attack-update-now-a-9761>
www.bankinfosecurity.com
Apache Struts 2 users are being warned to upgrade immediately, after attackers began targeting a zero-day flaw in the widely used, open source Java EE platform.

David and Lukasz please confirm

Martin

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Just to clarify one thing: this was not a zero-day vulnerability [1] but it
sounds better for journalists :\

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_(computing)

Regards