Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by js...@dkb.com on 2001/11/05 22:49:16 UTC

URL /jetspeed/portal/screen/Login was not found on this server.

Apologies for such a lame error, which I can't figure out.

System info:
-Win2k, Sp2 (this is just a test, then I'll move it to a real OS)
-Apache 1.3
-Tomcat 3.2.2
-Jetspeed1.3a1 (the complete download, including turbine, xerces,xalan, etc.)

The unzip, build, and install all went fine, that I noticed.
The initial app (http://localhost/jetspeed/index.jsp) runs and displays fine.
When I click on the "Please Login", though, it references the URL I mention
above in the subject area and get a 404.

I thought maybe my class path was screwed up or, even, that this might be a
naming bug. So I looked for a "login" class. No such class in the first place I
would have thought to find it:
C:\Jetspeed-1.3a1\bin\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\portal. The only thing that
comes close is a "login" class in
C:\Jetspeed-1.3a1\bin\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\screens.
I looked in the (ahem) FAQs. Pace. I scanned the mail archives (as far as my
patience would allow) for some reference to a similar problem. Nothing.
I verified the contents of my webapps directory with the description in the
"Configuration How-To."

I changed nothing in the Turbine.properties, JetSpeedResources.properties, or
any other configuration file.

I would appreciated it vastly if someone could point out what I am not doing or
otherwise should be doing that results in this problem.

Thanks

Re: URL /jetspeed/portal/screen/Login was not found on this server.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
I do not know the detailed answer, but I believe you do not have apache
configured to send jetspeed request to tomcat.  You want to sent
/jetspeed/* to tomcat.

Also you might want to use Jetspeed v1.3a2-dev.  You can download this
from the nightly build section of Jakarta.

Paul Spencer