Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Auradkar, Rajendra V." <RV...@stthomas.edu> on 2004/02/04 20:48:26 UTC

How to question?

We are working on a new Tapestry project.  In the past we have used either
pure JSP/Servlet or Struts based applications.  In those cases each time a
web application started we checked for critical resource availibility.  If
there was a problem we made a record of this at the application context
level and redirected the users to a standars error site.  How can this same
thing be done with Tapestry? The samilar servlet based stuff is missing and
I dont know how to access any 'global to all sessions' object.
Thanks in advance,
Raj Auradkar

Re: How to question?

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Global to all sessions == Global object
See User's Guide/Managing Server-Side State/Global

Norbi

Re: How to question?

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Tapestry does have the concept of a Global object (i.e. global to all
sessions).
Read more about it here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/state.global.html

You can put your resource availability checking logic in the constructor
of your Global object and store the relevant status in 1 or more properties.

Hope this helps,

Paul Ferraro