Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2017/01/28 00:11:13 UTC

Plugin specific command line options?

Is there a way to pass command line options but only have one plugin see it?

My understanding is that plugins just read from system properties.

So to pass 'skip' to a plugin I would use -Dskip but what if two plugins
use the same 'skip' ?

--

We’re hiring if you know of any awesome Java Devops or Linux Operations
Engineers!

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>

Re: Plugin specific command line options?

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
No ... all plugins pick up all user properties. If two plugins use the same name then both will pick it up and react however implemented. Thats why you should establish plugin specific parameter names for user properties in your specific plugin. So if you have a plugin called foo with the goal bar and you want to enable that goal to be skipped the property name could be foo.bar.skip ...

On the other hand that allows for such things as shared reaction to parameters. E.g. maven.test.skip is picked up by the compiler and surefire plugins and skips test compilation and test run...

hth

Manfred