Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/03 01:44:56 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0 release.

This release is including these new features as part of 2.16.0:

[ARTEMIS-2901] - Support namespace for temporary queues
[ARTEMIS-2937] - AMQP Server Connectivity
[ARTEMIS-2947] - Implement SecurityManager that supports replication

[ARTEMIS-2937] AMQP Server Connectivity is actually a new module,
where you can use it to "bridge" messages, expand the broker
networking using AMQP and other products such as Qpid Dispatch,  and
also includes an option to mirror the broker asynchronously into
another broker and maybe another site. I would recommend reading the
documentation for more information:

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/user-manual/en/amqp-broker-connections.md

The release notes is included here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348718

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.16.0

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1219

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.16.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] + 1 approve the release as Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0
[ ] + 0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours. (End of day of
Thursday, Nov 5th 2020)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 well done folks!

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

verified source archive

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@redhat.com>.
+1 non binding
Emmanuel

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
+ 1 binding

Nice work by all involved!

Justin

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Results of the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0 release vote.

Vote passes with 11 Votes (6 Bindings, 5 Non Bindings)

The following votes were received:

Binding:
+1 Clebert Suconic
+1 Gary Tully
+1 Timothy Bish
+1 Christopher Shannon
+1 Justin Bertram
+1 Michael Andre Pearce

Non Binding:
+1 Domenico Francesco Bruscino
+1 Howard Gao
+1 Francesco Nigro
+1 Robbie Gemmel
+1 Emmanuel Hugonnet

Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
release candidates and vote. This was a huge release and I really
appreciate all the effort on making this one happen.

I'll update the website and send the announcement soon after the
mirrors are updated.

I am not sure I will be able to work this weekend (right after the
mirrors are updated) but I will certainly do it on monday.

Regards

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

Posted by "michael.andre.pearce" <mi...@me.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 12:40, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 01:45, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0 release.
> >
> > This release is including these new features as part of 2.16.0:
> >
> > [ARTEMIS-2901] - Support namespace for temporary queues
> > [ARTEMIS-2937] - AMQP Server Connectivity
> > [ARTEMIS-2947] - Implement SecurityManager that supports replication
> >

> > [ARTEMIS-2937] AMQP Server Connectivity is actually a new module,
> > where you can use it to "bridge" messages, expand the broker
> > networking using AMQP and other products such as Qpid Dispatch,  and
> > also includes an option to mirror the broker asynchronously into
> > another broker and maybe another site. I would recommend reading the
> > documentation for more information:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/docs/user-manual/en/amqp-broker-connections.md
> >

> > The release notes is included here:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348718
> >

> > Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.16.0
> >

> > The Maven repository is here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1219
> >
> > In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> > http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
> >
> > The source tag:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.16.0
> >
> > I will update the website after the vote has passed.
> >

> > [ ] + 1 approve the release as Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0
> > [ ] + 0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >

> > This vote will stay open for at least 72 hours. (End of day of
> > Thursday, Nov 5th 2020)
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> I checked things over as follows:
> - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> - Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
> - Verified licence headers in the source archive by running:
>   "mvn apache-rat:check -DskipLicenseCheck=false"
> - Ran the source build and the AMQP integration tests on JDK8 and JDK11 with:
>   "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
> -Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.**
> test"
> - Ran the Qpid JMS 0.54.0 HelloWorld against a broker started from the
> binary archive, on JDK8 and JDK11.
> - Kicked the tyres on the new 'AMQP server connection' stuff, setting
> the broker up to connect itself as the backing queue of a waypoint
> address for Qpid Dispatch 1.14.0, ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld against
> the setup and verified expected client->router->broker and
> broker->router->client interactions occurred for the message.
>
> Robbie

I meant to add, since the 2.16.0 tag was created but then
re-created/updated a few days later before the vote was opened, folks
who have been fetching the repo in recent days should be sure to
update their local tags by running "git fetch --tags" or you may still
have the stale old one locally.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.16.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.