Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 17:58:17 UTC

IndexInput/Output access in fields?

I'm experimenting with using Lucene as object storage, serializing
java fields as byte[] created by DataOutputStream and unmarshalled by
DataInputStream. So I was thinking, why not just skip that extra step
with byte[] processeing and just read (and perhaps even write)
straight of the IndexInput? A visitor in the lazy field loading or so?

Is there something I need to consider or be aware of before I dig in?

--
karl