Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by falcon <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 12:27:31 UTC

EJB EAR Multicast

Hi everyone,

I've deployed an EAR which contains an EJB inside in TomEE /apps folder, by
now, I manage to connect with the EJB from an standalone client (main java
class out of the server context). But I need one more step, making this EAR
clustered and I'm not be able to do because I get this error :

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable
to find a public ejb server via the multicast URI:
multicast://239.255.2.3:6142?group=default

The only thing I have changed in the server is include the openejb-multicast
jar, activated multicast in multicast.properties and desactivated multipoint
and multipulse in their properties in conf.d folder.

Here is my main program :

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
//p.put("java.naming.provider.url", "http://localhost:8080/tomee/ejb");
WORKS !!
p.put("java.naming.provider.url",
"multicast://239.255.2.3:6142?group=default");

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p);

GonceEnvironmentIntegration myBean = (GonceEnvironmentIntegration)
ctx.lookup("global/gonce2/GonceEnvironmentIntegrationEJB-cluster-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT/GonceEnvironmentIntegrationBean!es.guadaltel.gonce.integration.GonceEnvironmentIntegration");

String greet = myBean.greet("user");
System.out.println(greet);

I'm new with this fantastic server and I'm a little lost, so thanks for
answering.

Re: EJB EAR Multicast

Posted by falcon <ma...@gmail.com>.
I found the problem with a wrong property in system.properties

Re: EJB EAR Multicast

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

are you sure of your host? Doesn't it work with locahost instead of your IP?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com