Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jared Meeker <ja...@morinda.com> on 2001/06/22 01:02:17 UTC

Tomcat slowing down Apache

Problem:  My web server response time is .75ms normally; 41ms with Tomcat
running.
Configuration:  Redhat 6.2 with default Apache install and also a basic
Tomcat 3.2.2 installation.

Notes:
    I've been through Tomcat's config. files many times now and I haven't
found anything that has resolved this problem.  I think that all of the http
requests are being routed through Tomcat.  This is just a hunch, as I'm not
an expert with Tomcat.  Another thought I had was concerning the JKMount
options in the mod_jk-auto.conf file my httpd.conf file is Including.  There
is a "/*.jsp" option for each of the contexts.  Could this filter be slowing
down my web server?

Please let me know if there is something I'm missing, or if this is normal
behavior.

- Jared Meeker

RE: new tomcat user

Posted by "Howler D. Wolfe" <ho...@bigbadwolf.org>.
Hi Richard,

I have just finished installing Tomcat on a Linux server, but the basic
software requirements are the same.

I used the following software

Apache 1.3.19   My webserver of choice
Tomcat 3.2.2     And of course Tomcat ;)
mod_jk              mod_jk link between Tomcat and Apache
J2SDKEE          Java SDK

Try this link.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

Hope this helps