Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/26 13:54:00 UTC

Is there a way to change browser URL using response?

During a HTTP request-response cycle, is there a way to change Browser URL using response?  Redirect can that. But it cause performance/network traffic issue.

  For JSF page navigation(non-redirect case), page has been changed but browser still shows the old URL. Sometimes it makes more sense to show the new page URL.

  Does HTTP 1.x specify a way to manipulate browser URL using a normal response?

  Thanks!

Re: Is there a way to change browser URL using response?

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Not that I know of.  The browser URL address is the one requested.
Changing it requires the browser to fetch a new page.

--David