Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/02/12 16:13:47 UTC

[Trinidad] Trinidad 1.2.x becoming trunk ...

Hi,

we discussed this already long time ago. In the past there were no concerns with
doing this move, to have Trinidad 1.2.x become TRUNK in our SVN repo.
Next week, after a round of Trinidad CORE releases, I'd like to finally make the
move happen.

For Trinidad 1.0.x I am not sure if we want a *secondary* trunk (trunk10x) or if
we just make it a regular branch. Having it as a branch doesn't mean there are
no (maintaining) releases. Actually my plan is to have a release for
Trinidad 1.0.x
on a kinda 6 month interval. Or eventually earlier. Depends on the
load of patches/bugs
and the requests from the MyFaces community.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad] Trinidad 1.2.x becoming trunk ...

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Bernd Bohmann
<be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> I would prefer branches/trinidad-1.0.x

+1 yes.
On every release we also have a TAG, just in case...

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
i agree with matthias - just one branch.

regards,
gerhard

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [Trinidad] Trinidad 1.2.x becoming trunk ...

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Ok,

the 1.0.x stuff is now a branch, which is located here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/branches/trinidad-1.0.x

Posted by Matt Cooper <mc...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Gerhard Petracek
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @trunk_1.2.x -> trunk:
> +1
>
> @andrew:
> do you mean multiple 1.0.x branches in parallel?

No, only the latest would be used, but I suppose since SVN has no
tagging support (we hack it with a branch under "tags"), that the ".x"
usage would be sufficient.

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] Trinidad 1.2.x becoming trunk ...

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@trunk_1.2.x -> trunk:

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 on both: