Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jyoti Yadav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/23 18:44:36 UTC

About Different versions of Hadoop in a single system

Hi Folks...

One doubt is just crippling in my mind. i need your opinions in this case..
the doubt is- Can we install  and configure two different versions of
hadoop in two different  user's home directories??

 suppose in     */home/user1/hadoop-1.2*

 and in*             /home/user2/hadoop-0.20.203.0*

Any ideas are really appreciated..

Thanks..

With Regards

Jyoti Yadav

Re: About Different versions of Hadoop in a single system

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
technically yes ... practically advised not to implement so

you need to be very careful with the configuration you did and not to share
between setups. a simple mistake and it will cause very bad effect

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: About Different versions of Hadoop in a single system

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: About Different versions of Hadoop in a single system

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: About Different versions of Hadoop in a single system

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar