Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by indireddysankar <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/08 11:48:33 UTC

How to specify different send parameters for each thread but same across all the samplers under the Thread group

Hi,
         In my test plan , i need to send Diffrent MSISDNs for each thread
but same MSISDN has to be used for all the samplers inside the thread.
ex:

ThreadGroup(50,1,1)
     Simplecontroller
            HttpSampler1(TEXT1)
                   Response assertion1
            HttpSampler2(TEXT2)
                   Response asseriton2
           HttpSampler3(TEXT3)
                   Response asseriton3
     Httprequest defaults(MSISDN)

         Now in this test plan , i want MSISDN which has been used in
sampler1 has to be used by all other samplers in a thread.
Case1 :
if i use random numer generator , it is generating two different numbers for
sampler1 and sampler2.
Case2 :
if i use CSV read fuction , it is also failing .what should i do to specify
different MSISDN to each thread
Case3 : if i add MSISDN in the sampler itself , i will be limited in
diffrent MSISDNS which i dont want.

  Please help me in this regard.

-Siva

Re: How to specify different send parameters for each thread but same across all the samplers under the Thread group

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 08/05/2009, indireddysankar <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>          In my test plan , i need to send Diffrent MSISDNs for each thread
>  but same MSISDN has to be used for all the samplers inside the thread.
>  ex:
>
>  ThreadGroup(50,1,1)

Add a CSV Dataset config item here.

or

User Parameters (Update once per iteration) with Variable defined from
Random number here.