Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Philippe Collignon <ph...@starobject.com> on 2003/06/28 22:14:08 UTC

Could pool scalability problem

Hi,

Under high use, I get a connection pool exception, after 1 sec the
connection are released.  I use PB and close the broker in a finally block.

Did I miss something or is it a bug in the connection pool ?

Philippe

javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not borrow connection from pool -
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor:
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor@1b66b06[
  jcd-alias=test
  default-connection=true
  dbms=MySQL
  jdbc-level=2.0
  driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  protocol=jdbc
  sub-protocol=mysql
  db-alias=//localhost/test
  user=sa
  password=*****
  eager-release=false
  ConnectionPoolDescriptor={whenExhaustedAction=0, maxIdle=-1, maxActive=20,
maxWait=5000, removeAbandoned=false, numTestsPerEvictionRun=10,
testWhileIdle=false, minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=600000, testOnReturn=false,
logAbandoned=false, removeAbandonedTimeout=300,
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=-1, testOnBorrow=true}
  batchMode=false
  useAutoCommit=AUTO_COMMIT_SET_TRUE_AND_TEMPORARY_FALSE
  ignoreAutoCommitExceptions=false

sequenceDescriptor=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.SequenceDescriptor@145f939
[
     sequenceManagerClass=class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerMySQLImpl
     Properties={}
]

java.util.NoSuchElementException
	at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(Unknown
Source)

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Could not

RES: Connection pool scalability problem

Posted by Vinicius Bomfim <vi...@globo.com>.
Hi,

	I use PB and close the broker too.
	With a single user i have many inactives connections and get the same
exception.
	Any idea ?

Thanks,
Vinicius Bomfim

  <jdbc-connection-descriptor
    jcd-alias="teste"
    default-connection="true"
    platform="oracle"
    jdbc-level="2.0"
    driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
    protocol="jdbc"
    subprotocol="oracle"
    dbalias="thin:@192.168.254.3:1521:bddes02"
    username="test"
    password="test">

    <connection-pool
                maxActive="3"
                maxIdle="-1"
                maxWait="2000"
                whenExhaustedAction="0"
                testOnBorrow="true"
                testOnReturn="true"
                testWhileIdle="true"
                timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="100000"
                minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="1000000"
                removeAbandoned="true"
                removeAbandonedTimeout="1000"
	        validationQuery="SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL" />

	<sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
            <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="1"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceId"
attribute-value="false"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceStart"
attribute-value="00"/>
        </sequence-manager>
  </jdbc-connection-descriptor>

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.