Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Thamaraikannan Subramanian <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/13 11:04:00 UTC

Kafka Scalability & Partition

All,

I am looking for clarifications. I want to have Highly Scalable Kafka
Environment, but I will have my topics without Partitions as my Application
mayn't send the Partition Id.

My question, will the Kafka Scale (Kafka Clusters) when there are Multiple
Topics but they doesn't have any Partition (in other words single
Partition)?

Please clarify. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Kafka Scalability & Partition

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Having such a model will not scale. I think it it's mentioned in earlier
posts as well as some wikis available out there

Kafka works very well if you have more partitions, so you can massively
parallel writes to Kafka.
Also, your application need not send partition ids/numbers, unless you've
some logic built over it. Kafka producer client will take care of that

Regards,
Prabhjot

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,