Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net> on 2010/04/16 03:40:36 UTC

sshd config change on vmgump

Folks,

Following the recent havoc on ASF servers, new rules have been imposed on sshd keys and the use of passwords.

I have implemented the first part of this today by changing the sshd configuration.  Right now, the only ones that have sshd access are myself and Infra's Joe Schaefer and Mark Thomas.

I am seeing the following accounts on the VM:

leosimons
bodewig
brett
billbarker
dims
mvdb
sebb

Who (still) needs sshd access?  I can migrate keys accordingly.

Next up, implementation of OPIE which has to happen by May 1 Or Else.

Thanks,

S.

Re: sshd config change on vmgump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-04-16, Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org> wrote:

> Stefan,

> I have added you to the centralized keystore and the appropriate
> group.  The keys are the same keys that were in your
> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys*

> You should be able to log back in now.

Yes, works fine, thanks.

Stefan

Re: sshd config change on vmgump

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
Stefan,

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:15 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2010-04-16, Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net> wrote:
>
>> Following the recent havoc on ASF servers, new rules have been imposed
>> on sshd keys and the use of passwords.
>
>> I have implemented the first part of this today by changing the sshd
>> configuration.  Right now, the only ones that have sshd access are
>> myself and Infra's Joe Schaefer and Mark Thomas.
>
>> Who (still) needs sshd access?  I can migrate keys accordingly.
>
> I do (as well as on the Solaris zone once that gets migrated).

I have added you to the centralized keystore and the appropriate group.  The keys are the same keys that were in your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys*

You should be able to log back in now.

S.

>> Next up, implementation of OPIE which has to happen by May 1 Or Else.
>
> Guess I have some reading to do 8-)
>
> Thanks for taking care of it
>
>       Stefan

Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org

Re: sshd config change on vmgump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I haven't done anything on gump in a few years.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: sshd config change on vmgump

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/04/2010, Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>  Following the recent havoc on ASF servers, new rules have been imposed on sshd keys and the use of passwords.
>
>  I have implemented the first part of this today by changing the sshd configuration.  Right now, the only ones that have sshd access are myself and Infra's Joe Schaefer and Mark Thomas.
>
>  I am seeing the following accounts on the VM:
>
>  leosimons
>  bodewig
>  brett
>  billbarker
>  dims
>  mvdb
>  sebb
>
>  Who (still) needs sshd access?  I can migrate keys accordingly.

I do still occaisionally find shell access to Gump useful for
debugging failed runs, but I cannot really claim that I *need* access.

If there was an easy way to get read-only access to the Gump
workspaces (rather than just the reports) I would not need a login.