Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2005/05/10 16:40:33 UTC

[MINA] VMPipe package

Hi,

Why vmpipe is in org.apache.mina.protocol and not in org.apache.mina.io
like other transport ?

Asking before opening a jira issue :)

Julien

Re: [MINA] VMPipe package

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/5/10, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>:
> Why vmpipe is in org.apache.mina.protocol and not in org.apache.mina.io
> like other transport ?

It is because VM-pipe bypasses I/O layer.  If you implemented two
protocols in Protocol layer and you want these protocol
implementations interact with each other in the same VM, you don't
need to do encoding or decoding at all.  VM-pipe is used in that case.

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/