Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/12/20 05:47:59 UTC

Release effort...

Found one small thing during download...

"repository", not "reposiory" ;o)

in the tar/zip filenames

Niclas

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 20 December 2003 15:47, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Saturday 20 December 2003 13:14, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > Now I assume that was probably added to support CygWin or perhaps
> > Solaris... Maybe there is an issue with spaces in the directory names,
> > which I know is hard to get to terms with in shell scripts.
> >
> > but it is broken on my RedHat 9.0 system.
>
> It is for the "spaces in directory names"...
>
> This is something I really hate.
>
> What is in the repository right now, doesn't work at all on my system.
> If I remove the \" and use spaces in directory names, it doesn't work
> either.
>
> And many other combos I have tried...
>
> Is there anyone who knows how this should be handled?

Whatever the conclusion, the merlin-server.sh should have the same strategy.

Niclas

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>Next thing...
>
>RUN_CMD="\"$JAVA\" \"-Djava.security.policy=$MERLIN_HOME/bin/security.policy\"
>\"-Djava.ext.dirs=$MERLIN_HOME/ext\" -jar
>\"$MERLIN_HOME/bin/lib/merlin-cli-3.2.jar\" \"$@\""
>echo "RUN CMD IS: $RUN_CMD"
>exec $RUN_CMD
>

>does not work on my system.
>
>[niclas@f2 merlin-home]$ sh ./merlin/bin/merlin.sh
>tutorial/hello/target/hello-1.1.jar
>RUN CMD IS: "/java/jdk/bin/java"
>"-Djava.security.policy=/home/niclas/dev/merlin-home/merlin/bin/security.policy"
>"-Djava.ext.dirs=/home/niclas/dev/merlin-home/merlin/ext" -jar
>"/home/niclas/dev/merlin-home/merlin/bin/lib/merlin-cli-3.2.jar"
>"tutorial/hello/target/hello-1.1.jar"
>./merlin/bin/merlin.sh: line 47:
>/home/niclas/dev/merlin-home/"/java/jdk/bin/java": No such file or directory
>./merlin/bin/merlin.sh: line 47: exec:
>/home/niclas/dev/merlin-home/"/java/jdk/bin/java": cannot execute: No such
>file or directory
>
>The "stuff"added in front of "/java/jdk/bin/java", is because the \" is
>interpreted to be part of the filename, hence a relative name...
>
>Without the \" it works more like expected.
>
>Now I assume that was probably added to support CygWin or perhaps Solaris...
>Maybe there is an issue with spaces in the directory names, which I know is
>hard to get to terms with in shell scripts.

This is a result of my changes to support CygWin applied yesterday - and
I'm not suprised there is a problem because (a) I can't test it here,
and (b) I don't know the script language.  If its not immediately
apparent what the probnlem is that I can revert to the scripts before
the CygWin mods (which work fine).

Stephen.

>but it is broken on my RedHat 9.0 system.
>

>Niclas

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: Release effort...

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 20 December 2003 12:47, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Found one small thing during download...
>
> "repository", not "reposiory" ;o)
>
> in the tar/zip filenames

Also inside the files.

Found it in the "project.xml" file, had the wrong <id> value.
Committed already.

Niclas

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
merlin-server.sh has the positional expansion of "$*" which I think should be
"$@".

>From man page;

      The  shell  treats  several parameters specially.  These parameters may
       only be referenced; assignment to them is not allowed.
       *      Expands to the positional parameters, starting from  one.   When
              the  expansion occurs within double quotes, it expands to a sin-
              gle word with the value of each parameter separated by the first
              character of the IFS special variable.  That is, "$*" is equiva-
              lent to "$1c$2c...", where c is the first character of the value
              of  the IFS variable.  If IFS is unset, the parameters are sepa-
              rated by spaces.  If IFS is  null,  the  parameters  are  joined
              without intervening separators.
       @      Expands  to  the positional parameters, starting from one.  When
              the  expansion  occurs  within  double  quotes,  each  parameter
              expands to a separate word.  That is, "$@" is equivalent to "$1"
              "$2" ...  When there are no positional parameters, "$@"  and  $@
              expand to nothing (i.e., they are removed).

Not $* expands into a single parameter...

Niclas

Re: Release effort...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 20 December 2003 13:23, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> If the Downloads of repo artifacts are interrupted for some reason, it
> doesn't understand that, and on next start will not finish it and there
> will be corrupted artifacts in the local cache.

I have changed this to download to a temporary file name first, and then
renameTo().

Niclas

Re: Release effort...