Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jürgen Schwarz <ju...@gefasoft.de> on 2015/03/23 13:11:13 UTC

JSP compilation fails with Tomcat 8.0.20. Works with 8.0.11

Hi,

we've some very simple JSP pages that compile and work fine on Tomcat
8.0.11. However they don't compile and run on Tomcat 8.0.20. All running
on Windows 7.

We get the following errors:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: [19] in the generated java file: [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina\localhost\Legato\org\apache\jsp\Info_jsp.java]
The type Info_jsp must implement the inherited abstract method JspSourceImports.getPackageImports()

An error occurred at line: [19] in the generated java file: [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina\localhost\Legato\org\apache\jsp\Info_jsp.java]
The type Info_jsp must implement the inherited abstract method JspSourceImports.getClassImports()

An error occurred at line: [28] in the generated java file: [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\work\Catalina\localhost\Legato\org\apache\jsp\Info_jsp.java]
The type Set is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments <String>

..... and myn more

Was there anything changed from 8.0.11 to 8.0.20 that affects JSP
compilation?

Re: JSP compilation fails with Tomcat 8.0.20. Works with 8.0.11

Posted by Jürgen Schwarz <ju...@gefasoft.de>.
Am 23.03.2015 13:33, schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
> Make sure that you have cleaned the work directory of the web
> application (from compiled classes of JSPs and tags compiled by older
> versions). Make sure that you do not have odd old Jasper jars in your
> WEB-INF/lib directory, e.g. pulled there due to your misconfiguration
> of a Maven POM. The "The type Set is not generic" error is rather odd,
> but you cannot run Tomcat 8 with such an old version of Java where the
> Set class is not generic. Look into generated *.java source code.

Had no luck; no jasper.jar in our lib directory, we use Java 7 that
should have no problem with generics, work dir was emptied...

Strange thing is that it works with Tomcat 8.0.11.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.