Posted to user@struts.apache.org by as as <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/22 19:06:05 UTC

struts-reports

Hi,

I have a struts page that needs to generate reports based on filtering criterion like (date from, date to, type of report, type of data to show).
my back end database is hibernate.
Is there some sort of open source for such a purpose.basically looking for fast page response time-to fetch data from back end database using these queries..

Thanks in advance!

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: struts-reports

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
On 22 Mar 2004, at 19:06, as as wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a struts page that needs to generate reports based on filtering
> criterion like (date from, date to, type of report, type of data to
> show).

Make some util classes that return what you need with what you need
from you model.

List fooList = HibernateHelper.getFoos(from, to);

The type of report might be more a web layer/struts thing.

> my back end database is hibernate.
Well i doubt that but i see what you mean.

> Is there some sort of open source for such a purpose.basically looking
> for fast page response time-to fetch data from back end database using
> these queries..
Um yes, hibernate?