Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2005/11/13 18:17:16 UTC

referer/referrer spelling

OK.  One of my pet peeves is that we spell referrer incorrectly (as
referer) all over the place.

Sometime back in about 1995, one of the young Netscape or NCSA folks
wrote "Referer" when they defined the HTTP header and started using it;
things like that propagate and have a way of sticking.   However, I see
no reason to maintain the misspelling in anything but the code actually
dealing with the header.  So I'd like to correct the spelling in all of
the resource prop values (display strings) where it appears.

Objections?

--a.

Re: referer/referrer spelling

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
And this is checked in as 33310.  I've changed on the RHS (prop values)
in the ApplicationResources.properties.  Spelling errors in the LHS
(property names), in code, etc. remain intact.  We can handle that in a
later refactoring at a better point in the release cycle.

--a.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.