Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 00:51:45 UTC

process for adding system tests (re DERBY-2134)

Hi,

I have been looking at what needs to happen to add the tests mentioned
in DERBY-2134, and I have some trouble deciding on location and names:

- re Scenario test.
1. It seems to me more efficient if I rename/reorganize the proposed
contribution up front, I was thinking, to MailJdbc.
so, I'd check this into
  java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/system/mailjdbc/org/*
2. I'd like to create a resource.jar out of the put the resource.jar
and the README at that level also.

- re sttest
Similarly to point 2 above for Scenario, I'd like to put the
resource.jar and README at
 java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/system/sttest/

Any objections?

Thx,
Myrna

Re: process for adding system tests (re DERBY-2134)

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 1/29/07, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have been looking at what needs to happen to add the tests mentioned
> > in DERBY-2134, and I have some trouble deciding on location and names:
> >
> > - re Scenario test.
> > 1. It seems to me more efficient if I rename/reorganize the proposed
> > contribution up front, I was thinking, to MailJdbc.
> > so, I'd check this into
> >   java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/system/mailjdbc/org/*
>
> Did you mean to put org at the end there or was that just a typo?
yes, an editing mishap. :-)

> > 2. I'd like to create a resource.jar out of the put the resource.jar
> > and the README at that level also.
> >
> > - re sttest
> > Similarly to point 2 above for Scenario, I'd like to put the
> > resource.jar and README at
> >  java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/system/sttest/
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> That's fine by me. If you aren't going to integrate the readme
> information into the main testing readme then please add the license
> header to the new readme files.

Yes, as the current README.htm is mainly talking about the 'old' test
harness that is being phased out, I did not want to add active/new
information to it. Thx for the reminder about the license headers.

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.