Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Krishna, Hari (FTT-CInternet)" <HK...@Templeton.com> on 2007/01/17 05:58:32 UTC

Difference in special characters

Hi all,
    I am using a Struts application with LDAP in place.I have a few user selected questions in LDAP and a few standard questions in a properties file.
    When i compare them in Action to make check boxes as selected i am getting the following isse.

QUESTION FROM LDAP AS SHOWN IN THE CONSOLE:
WhatÆs your date of birth?

QUESTION FROM PROPERTIES FILE AS SHOWN IN THE CONSOLE:
What?s your date of birth?

ACTUAL QUESTION IN BOTH LDAP AND PROPERTIES FILE:
What's your date of birth?

Culprit is apostrophe in the question which is getting displayed as a junk character and i am unable to compare them using equals().

please help me out why its happening and how to resolve this .

I.HariKrishna | Software Engineer | Franklin Templeton International Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. | Franklin Templeton Centre,1st Floor, No.7,Third Cross Street, Kasturba Nagar, Adyar, Chennai 600020
| Tel: +91 44 24407000| Fax: +91 40 66435--- | Mobile: +91 9884528587|VOIP: 355--(FT Internal) | www.franklintempleton.com

Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.