Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Akshay Ahooja <ak...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 16:31:40 UTC

Build errors with jetspeed plugin

I started with a Fresh install of Tomcat 5.5
Followed by a fresh install of Maven 1.0.2

Created the following *build.properites* file under ${userhome}:

basedir = c:/myportal
maven.repo.remote = http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/, \
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/, \
http://dist.codehaus.org/, http://cvs.apache.org/repository/, \
http://repository.atlassian.com/, http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,
http://people.apache.org/repository/

# required portal configuration properties
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home = c:/myportal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.groupId        = mycompany
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.artifactId     = jetspeed
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.name           = My Company Portal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.currentVersion = 1.0

 #required application server properites
org.apache.jetspeed.server.home = C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5
org.apache.jetspeed.server.shared = ${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home
}/shared/lib/
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir = ${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home
}/webapps/

org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major = 5.5

org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user = admin
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password = password
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.port = 8080

I then cmd'd *"maven -DartifactId=maven-jetspeed2-plugin -DgroupId=
org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2 -Dversion= 2.0 plugin:download"*

It downloaded most of the files - but these few errors occured that have
been coming for the past 2 days and led me to my reinstall. Any help would
be great.

*Errors During build:*

Attempting to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.por
tals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-common-.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown
err
or downloading; status code was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-common-.jar.
Attempting to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.por
tals.bridges/jars/portals-bridges-velocity-.jar]: java.io.IOException:
Unknown e
rror downloading; status code was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download portals-bridges-velocity-.jar.
Attempting to download derby-.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.der
by/jars/derby-.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status
code
 was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download derby-.jar.
...etc

The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

portals-bridges-common-.jar
portals-bridges-velocity-.jar
derby-.jar

Thanks,

Akshay

Re: Build errors with jetspeed plugin

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Akshay,
try adding these properties to your ${userhome}/build.properties:

portals.bridges.version=1.0
derby.version=10.1.1.0
bridges.groupId=org.apache.portals.bridges
jetspeed.version=2.0

Normally I thought they were not needed until war:install, but I guess not...