Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/07/04 20:35:33 UTC

Apache Stratos Incubating Release Version

HI,

We are progressing on re-factoring Stratos code based to Apache. As I
discuss previously, first milestone release is same as (no any feature or
fixes) WSO2 Stratos 2.0 release but releasing with re-factoring to Apache.
All donation codes are changed to org.apache and licence are fixed to
Apache. Then we need to take a decision what release version are we going.
I can see two option;

   1. Apache Stratos 2.0.0-incubating
   2. Apache Stratos 1.0.0-incubating

I personally like to go with #1, because here we are releasing same but in
Apache. Also previous WSO2 Stratos was opensource and those community can
easily adapt to Apache Stratos with out confusion.  WDYT?

thanks
--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.

Re: Apache Stratos Incubating Release Version

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@wso2.com>wrote:

> +1 .. we don't want to make the Axis2 1.0 mistake again .. I'm +1 for
> Apache Stratos 2.1.0.
>
> I can also see a case for 3.0.0 because all package names are changed ..
> anyone who's written code has to change. So its a major version change.

It should be a major version change. +1 for 3.0.0 as it seems the most
suitable option.

Best Regards,
Nandana

Re: Apache Stratos Incubating Release Version

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,

As per discussion of this thread we will going to use 3.0.0 version number.
Our first release will be Apache Stratos 3.0.0-incubating.

thanks

Posted by Amila Maha Arachchi <am...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
+1 for 'Apache Stratos 3.0.0-incubating' as this is a big step forward.

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: Apache Stratos Incubating Release Version

Posted by sanjeewa rangana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the version 3.0.0.

Posted by Sameera Jayasoma <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
We're making breaking changes, so we should bump the major version number.
See semver. [1] We should also be mindful of our WSO2 legacy. As a result
I think 3.0.0. is the best option.

[1] http://semver.org/

On 5 July 2013 05:02, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> I also agree with that. +1 for Stratos 3.0.0-incubating.
>

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 for 3.0.0-incubating
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> +1 .. we don't want to make the Axis2 1.0 mistake again .. I'm +1 for
>>> Apache Stratos 2.1.0.
>>>
>>> I can also see a case for 3.0.0 because all package names are changed ..
>>> anyone who's written code has to change. So its a major version change.
>>>
>>> Sanjiva.

>>> --
>>> Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
>>> Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
>>> email: sanjiva@wso2.com; phone: +94 11 763 9614; cell: +94 77 787 6880| +1
>>> 650 265 8311
>>> blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/
>>>

>>> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>>>

>> --
>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
>> *Member; Apache Software Foundation; **http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
>> *
>> *
>> *email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
>> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
>> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *
>> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
>> *
>> *
>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
>> *
>> *
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

NS

Re: Apache Stratos Incubating Release Version

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 3.0.0-incubating

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
In a way, it would be clean to start with just 1.0.0

As it is going to be Apache Stratos 1.0.0 Incubating. So no confusions
IMHO.

Posted by Isuru Perera <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pa...@wso2.com>.