Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by thestraychow <ol...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/13 13:01:56 UTC

Easiest way to get 300 servers into guacamole!

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a list of servers into guacamole...  I use LDAP for
auth.

Is there an easy way to take the burdon out of making each one individually!

RE: Easiest way to get 300 servers into guacamole!

Posted by fou fe <fo...@live.fr>.
sorry for late answer .

like Mike say every tables is described in
Manual http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-schema

guacamole_connection describe each connection and protocol used.

guacamole_connection_group is organisational

guacamole-connection_group_permission   describe users permission for each connection group

guacamole_connection_permission describe users permissions with connection_id
finaly

guacamole_connection_parameter is collections of parameter name and parameter_value for each connection_id
parameter_name can be hostname,port, security,drive-path,...

you can add connection with GUI and see what happen in your tables with tools like phpmyadmin.

I'm also interesting in REST API ...
 more informations about that will be gracefull?

Thanks

________________________________
Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Goncalo Rosa <go...@v2s.us>.
You can do a mysql insert into guacamole_connection table for the connections.
And you need to do an insert into guacamole_connection_parameter to set the hostname ipaddress, port and any other required parameter.

I did that to bulk 200 connections at once when I started.

Kind regards,

[http://www.v2s.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/logo-V2S-V-c%C3%B3pia.png]

GONÇALO COELHO ROSA

CTO

V2S Colombia

p:

+57 (1) 7610087  m: +57 310 229 51 90

Posted by thestraychow <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fou,

Thanks for the info. What type of connection have you given in the example?
Where would i input that in the database itself?

RE: Easiest way to get 300 servers into guacamole!

Posted by thestraychow <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick - I dont see the REST calls in my developer console on chrome...
Do you have an example of what gets sent when a new connection is created...

I wish there was a CSV import or similar just to get the initial dump of
servers into the application :(

Re: Easiest way to get 300 servers into guacamole!

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:01 AM, thestraychow <ol...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm looking at getting a list of servers into guacamole...  I use LDAP for
> auth.
>
> Is there an easy way to take the burdon out of making each one
> individually!

You can insert them into the database manually, as Fou suggests.  This
works, but there is some risk that you'll enter something incorrectly that
won't be caught until you try to use it.  The other option is to use the
REST API to create the entries.  You can review the documentation, or look
at the Chrome Developer Console (or related development console in other
browsers) and watch the REST calls made when the web application inserts
the servers, and then copy that into a script.

-Nick