Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kumara velayutham <ku...@patni.com> on 2002/03/11 10:45:58 UTC

JNDI data source problem ----NULL

I'm trying this for last two days.not able to sort it out.
while trying to set datasource for connection pooling i'm getting datasource
as null.

In Server.xml file , i have added this inside the context

            <Resource name="jdbc/source" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

            <ResourceParams name="jdbc/source">

r</value></parameter>

database</value></parameter>
             </ResourceParams>

In web.xml i have added the following lines

<resource-ref>
  <description>connection pooling </description>
  <res-ref-name>jdbc/source</res-ref-name>
  <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

i have oracle jdbc class in the lib directory of tomcat.

can anyone please suggest me to solve this problem .i have already seen one
posted message reg this..but that doesnt solve my problem.