Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Keigo IMAI <sy...@agusa.i.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp> on 2006/02/10 19:53:47 UTC

[users@httpd] problem : mod_authnz_ldap with AuthType Digest

Hello,

I encountered a problem when using mod_authnz_ldap with digest password.

OS : Mac OS X Server 10.4
Apache : 2.2.0
(attached config.log)

Once I try to get the page with authentication by LDAP and Digest
password
(submitting id and pass), then it immediately returns a 500 error to
my browser.

Below is the part of my httpd.conf file.

> Alias /uploads "/opt/local/apache2/uploads"
>
> <Directory "/opt/local/apache2/uploads">
>
>     Options All
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>
>     AuthBasicAuthoritative off
>
>     AuthName upload
>
>     # switch here ---- Digest or Basic
>     AuthType Digest
>     #AuthType Basic
>     # -------------------------
>
>     # switch below ---- ldap or file
>     AuthBasicProvider ldap
>     AuthLDAPURL ldap://osxserver/dc=somewhere,dc=jp?uid
>     AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
>
>     #AuthBasicProvider file
>     #AuthUserFile "/opt/local/apache2/user.passwd"
>     # -------------------------------
>
>     require valid-user
>
> </Directory>

And when I accessed to:
http://<www>/uploads/
then I got a 500 error.

Apache2 says:
> [Sat Feb 11 02:57:39 2006] [error] Internal error: pcfg_openfile()
> called with NULL filename
> [Sat Feb 11 02:57:39 2006] [error] [client xxx.yyy.zzz.www] (9)Bad
> file descriptor: Could not open password file: (null)
(when loglevel is 'debug')

...However, it works fine when I switch to:
   1. "AuthType Basic"
or,
   2. "AuthBasicProvider file"
respectively, like the comment of above fragment of conf file.
So I am sure that all modules including mod_authnz_ldap and
mod_auth_digest are loaded properly.

And more, I guess that the combination of mod_authnz_ldap with Digest
password causes this.
Is there anyone who encountered this problem?
...or, is this an OSX specific bug?

Any help will be appreciated.
(And, sorry for my unskilled English.)

regards,
Keigo IMAI

Re: [users@httpd] problem : mod_authnz_ldap with AuthType Digest

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 2/10/06, Keigo IMAI <sy...@agusa.i.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> (Then, why is it possible to use AuthType Digest with
> AuthBasicProvider??? It works fine on our setting.)

AuthDigestProvider has a default value.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] problem : mod_authnz_ldap with AuthType Digest

Posted by Keigo IMAI <sy...@agusa.i.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp>.
David Bell wrote:
> Perhaps you need a AuthDigestProvider line instead of
> AuthBasicProvider?
Thanks. Now I realized the problem...

As you have pointed out,
Basic AuthType must be used with AuthBasicProvider, and Digest with
AuthDigestProvider.
(Then, why is it possible to use AuthType Digest with
AuthBasicProvider??? It works fine on our setting.)

However, I found that AuthDigestProvider does not support LDAP now.
So mod_authnz_ldap can only be used with AuthType Basic.
When I wrote "AuthDigestProvider ldap", I got following and apache
wouldn't start:
> Syntax error on line 23 of /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-
> dav.conf:
> The 'ldap' Authn provider doesn't support Digest Authentication

Thanks a lot again.

Best regards.

Posted by David Bell <D....@Sun.COM>.
I got that error when I didn't have AuthBasicProvider LDAP and using
Basic AuthType. Perhaps you need a AuthDigestProvider line instead of
AuthBasicProvider?

Cheers,
Dave

         ______