Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/31 08:42:38 UTC

Camel K 2.x - development strategy

Hi folks,
thanks all for the great discussion around the 2023 roadmap [1].
Practically speaking I propose to have Camel K 1.12.0 (which should be out
soon) as the latest minor release for version 1. As soon as that is over,
the main branch will become the home for Camel K 2.0 development. Ideally
we may want to have a first release right after the release of Camel 4 as
well, but we can adjust this according to our own development pace.

In the meantime, since Camel K 1.12 is a LTS (based on Camel 3.20) release,
we'll do the needed patch release along the year (mainly driven by any
upgrade of Camel 3.20). I think that we can keep supporting version 1 as
long as Camel 3.20 will be supported, however, any new development should
only go in Camel K 2.0.

Please, raise any concern about this plan or any feedback. As a side note,
I'll publish a blog post during the next week resuming the discussion we
had in [1]: the idea is to use it as an inspiration for Camel K 2.0 work.
Stay tuned!

Thanks and regards,
Pasquale.

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/3964