Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jorge <14...@arnet.com.ar> on 2002/08/01 01:11:48 UTC

Re: How can i connect Apache to Tomcat in different machines?

I will assume that you setup the Apache (1.3.xx ??) side fully
virtual host
load of mod_jk (already check  httpd.conf)
copy of mod_jk.so to libexec or suitable path

As you mention

>Now, Apache connects to Tomcat on the TCP port 8009 but it receive no
>answer!

Again assuming  you assert this (via snoop / tcpdump, etc.) it it time
to configure the Tomcat side of the conversation :
configure conector type / Host / Port
check  $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml and startup server.

Once you have Tomcat running you should "see" the LISTEN status on the
configured port (8009 and 8005) of the  server running Tomcat.

jorge