Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/05 10:45:23 UTC

Apachecon Core EU 2015 - OFBiz Presentations Needed

Hi All

Apachecon Core EU 2015 have been announced and they are now calling for
conference presentations (CFP) from all Apache projects.

*OFBiz Full Track*
We have volunteered to prepare a full track for OFBiz for this event so are
looking for presentations to fill the 6 slots available.

There is a big focus on attracting attendees so we need to balance what we
want to present with what would be interesting to attendees that may not be
from our own community.

*Presentation Categories*
I think that our previous categorisations could still be useful. These were
as follows:

 -Introduction (e.g. to ofbiz in general or a specific application, the
framework and services)
 -Business (e.g. how OFBiz is being used and which industries, etc)
 -Technical (e.g. Tools, Extentions, Configuration)
 -Development (e.g. getting started, building a new application, modifiying
an existing one,)
 -Case Study/User Story (e.g. implementation story, challenges and successes
etc)
 -Panel Discussion (e.g. Open source ERP vs Commercial etc)
 -Tutorial (e.g. technical, business or developer tutorial)
 -Wildcard (e.g. anything OFBiz related that doesn't fit in the others)

Are there any other categories that anyone thinks need to be added?

I've created a wiki page to track the presentation that have been submitted
or any potential presentation ideas.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Track+@+Apachecon+Core+EU+2015+Budapest
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Track+@+Apachecon+Core+EU+2015+Budapest>

Please remember the presentation needs to be interesting enough to appeal to
both existing community and potential new users.

*Submitting a CFP*
At this stage you only need to submit a brief summary of what the
presentation will be about (so you dont need to the complete presentation
now).

The full presentation only needs to be completed if your brief summary is
accepted.

Your CFP can be submitted here

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-core-europe/program/cfp
<http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-core-europe/program/cfp>

If you submit a CFP for Apachecon Core (or have already submitted one) then
please fill in the details on the wiki page or  you can respond directly to
me with the details. This will help us keep track of the number of
presentations submitted so we know if we can meet our target for a full
track.

Thanks
Sharan